Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2005/05/18 19:56:12 UTC

Re: bean:include doesn't work but jsp:include does[Scanned]

You sent the below to taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org, which is not a Struts
mailing list, it is for the Taglibs project under Jakarta.  However, I see
where you did send something similar to this list a few days ago.

Did you not get a response on it?

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Raj-

do a netstat -a to see if the connection is being used if not
telnet to the IP:Ajp13Port and let us know the results
Regards,

Martin Gainty

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official
business of Sender and is proprietary to Sender. It is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by law. Sender does not own and endorse any other
content.
(mobile) 617-852-7822
(http)www.laconiadatasystems.com

Posted by Raj Tilak <ra...@hotmail.com>.
yes I do have,

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Do you have the taglib uri and prefix specified on your jsp page?

On 5/18/05, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:
> You sent the below to taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org, which is not a Struts
> mailing list, it is for the Taglibs project under Jakarta.  However, I see
> where you did send something similar to this list a few days ago.
>
> Did you not get a response on it?
>
> --
> James Mitchell
> Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance
> EdgeTech, Inc.
> http://www.edgetechservices.net/
> 678.910.8017
> AIM:   jmitchtx
> Yahoo: jmitchtx
> MSN:   jmitchell@apache.org

~Dakota Jack~

Re: bean:include doesn't work but jsp:include does[Scanned]

Posted by Raj Tilak <ra...@hotmail.com>.
here is the bean include
  <%
    String xxxUrl =
"codeTypeToolbar.jsp?action=codeTypeList&codeTypeIdParam="+codeTypeIdParam;
  %>
  <bean:include id="xxx" page="<%=xxxUrl%>"/>
  <bean:write name="xxx"/>
which gives me java.net.UnknownHostException, the port number is messed up
as servername, servername seems to be fine

When I tried the following scriptlet in jsp page directly,
it thows java.net.ConnectException: Tried all: '1' addresses, but could not
connect over HTTP to server: 'servername: port' although if I print the
servername and port, the values are right.

<%
  String urlStr =
"codeTypeToolbar.jsp?action=codeTypeEdit&codeTypeIdParam="+codeTypeIdParam;
  Map params = new HashMap();
  params.put("action","codeTypeList");
  params.put("action",codeTypeIdParam);
          String urlString = null;
        URL url = null;
        try {
            urlString =
                RequestUtils.computeURL(pageContext, null, null, urlStr,
params, null, false);
            if (urlString.indexOf(':') < 0) {
                HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
pageContext.getRequest();
                url = new URL(RequestUtils.requestURL(request), urlString);
            } else {
                url = new URL(urlString);
            }
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            RequestUtils.saveException(pageContext, e);
        }
          URLConnection conn = null;
        try {
            // Set up the basic connection
            conn = url.openConnection();
          System.out.println(". conn = " + conn);
          System.out.println(". host = " + conn.getURL().getHost());
          System.out.println(". path = " + conn.getURL().getPath());
          System.out.println(". port = " + conn.getURL().getPort());
          conn.setAllowUserInteraction(false);
            conn.setDoInput(true);
            conn.setDoOutput(false);
            HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
pageContext.getRequest();
            if ((conn instanceof HttpURLConnection)
                && urlString.startsWith(request.getContextPath())
                && (request.getRequestedSessionId() != null)
                && request.isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie()) {
                StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer("JSESSIONID=");
                sb.append(request.getRequestedSessionId());
                conn.setRequestProperty("Cookie", sb.toString());
            }
            conn.connect();
        }
  catch(Exception eee)
        {
          System.out.println("Exception xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
conn.open\n"+ eee.toString());
          eee.printStackTrace();
        }
%>