Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/05/24 23:01:42 UTC

Re: Fwd: Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs TODO

At 17:51 16.04.2002, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>We were wondering about what to do with the EToys story which would
>>clearly be a good addition to our success stories. Do you think we should
>>copy it directly off Perl.com (I guess copyright issues might be
>>involved), or should we/you write a brief summary of it and link to the
>>complete story on Perl.com?
>
>I don't think copyright issues are a big deal here, so it's just a matter
>of what you think would look better.  One problem with the perl.com
>version of this article is that it doesn't include the diagrams.  I
>couldn't get Simon to update the article after it went live.  Too busy I
>guess.  I was thinking about trying to put a PDF version on
>perl.apache.org somewhere, for people who want to see the diagrams.
>
>Anyway, just tell me what you think would work better.  I can write a
>summary, or send you the PDF or Word doc.  I might also have a POD version
>somewhere if that would help.

Perrin, we still haven't received anything :)

A POD version would be great. I think we should be able to put the whole
article into our "Tutorials" section, as that's really what it is --- a
tutorial about scaling mod_perl. A short success story of about 10 lines
would also be a good addition to the Success stories part.

For the diagrams: they are very welcome too, just send them along, and
we'll add them (with HTML).

If you can't find your POD version, don't worry about it. Send what you've
got and we'll do the hard work.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: kudos

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 06:33 03.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Perrin Harkins wrote:
>>Hey, I just wanted to say that I really like the way the eToys article
>>looks on the new documentation site.  You guys have done a great job.
>>Thanks for taking the time to put the diagrams in there too.
>
>That's all Per Einar's fault :)

:-) No problem, Perrin. It was a *great* article to begin with.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: kudos

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

kudos

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Hey, I just wanted to say that I really like the way the eToys article
looks on the new documentation site.  You guys have done a great job.
Thanks for taking the time to put the diagrams in there too.

- Perrin