Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/09 20:26:23 UTC

DocumentObjectBinder.getBean in solrj

Hi,

I need to create different beans from a search result, according to a
stored field with the classname.
What I'd find useful would be a getBean method in
DocumentObjectBinder, instead of the getBeans method (my list would
have different class instances).

Is there any workaround for this? If not, would anyone be interested on this?
I can contribute a patch for this.

TIA.

--
Cheers,

Christian López Espínola <penyaskito>

Re: DocumentObjectBinder.getBean in solrj

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
That's great!

Please make a new issue in JIRA asking for this feature, and attach
your patch.  Be sure to include unit tests.

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Christian López Espínola
<pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Christian López Espínola
> <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to create different beans from a search result, according to a
>> stored field with the classname.
>> What I'd find useful would be a getBean method in
>> DocumentObjectBinder, instead of the getBeans method (my list would
>> have different class instances).
>>
>> Is there any workaround for this? If not, would anyone be interested on this?
>> I can contribute a patch for this.
>>
>> TIA.
>
> Attached is the patch I would like to have in Solrj.
> If there is any problem with it please let me know. I followed the
> HowToContribute wiki page and I hope that I didn't miss any steps.
>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Christian López Espínola <penyaskito>
>>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> Christian López Espínola <penyaskito>

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: DocumentObjectBinder.getBean in solrj

Posted by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Chris Hostetter
<ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : > I can contribute a patch for this.
>
> : Attached is the patch I would like to have in Solrj.
> : If there is any problem with it please let me know. I followed the
> : HowToContribute wiki page and I hope that I didn't miss any steps.
>
> the mailing list typically rejects attachments.  As mentioned on the wiki
> page you refered to the appropriate way to submit a patch is to create a
> feature request issue in Jira and attach the patch to that issue...
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Contributing_your_work
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa?pid=12310230

Thanks Hoss, I saw that. The issue was created and the patch is
already in trunk :)

Posted by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com>.