Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Bruce Bailey <bj...@plaza.ds.adp.com> on 2002/02/27 19:59:21 UTC

Question On Building Xalan 1.3 on Compaq Tru64

Hi

I ran into a link problem while trying to build Xalan 1.3 on my DEC.  I saw
numerous warnings about unresolved symbols in the std library.  I removed
the -nocxxstd option from both Makefile and Makefile.in in
$XALANCROOT/c/src.  When I rebuilt the library, the link completed just
fine.

When I tried to build the samples, I got numerous messages about multiply
defined symbols.  I then added the -nocxxstd option to the link for the
samples.  The sample programs then linked without error and ran (apparently)
correctly.

Should I have moved the -nocxxstd option from the Xalan library make file to
the Sample make file?  Is there something I should have done differently?

My compiler (cxx) is: Compaq C++ V6.3-013 for Digital UNIX V4.0F  (Rev.
1229).
On Tru64 (Digital UNIX V4.0F).

Thanks in advance,

Bruce