Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Dharmesh Kakadia <dh...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/04 13:53:20 UTC

[Discuss][CLOUDSTACK-212] Namespace change for ASF

Hi,

Since the cloudstack project has moved to ASF, the suggestion is to move
from com.cloud packages to org.apache java packages .(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-212)

As you might be realize, this is pretty big change. And merging this
changes with a continuously updating master is non-trivial. So, here is the
planned strategy after discussion over IRC. I am starting this thread to
inform and know everyone's opinions.

1. I will be pushing code with new packages on branch "namespacechanges"
and will notify on this thread as each refactored module is pushed.

2. There will be a freeze on master branch commits for some time in which
"namespacechanges" will be applied to master. I suggest the date to be 20th
July.

3. All the branch-owner updates their branch for reflect new packages. It
was suggested that branch owners can look into the "namespacechanges"
branch as it grows and start doing the package changes early, although it
depends on branch-owners.

Thanks,
Dharmesh

Re: [Discuss][CLOUDSTACK-212] Namespace change for ASF

Posted by Dharmesh Kakadia <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

@Wido good suggestion. Tabs are easy to replace with regex. I am not sure
of trailing whitespace though. Should be able to complete that too by 20th.

@Ryan Thanks for pointing out. I tried to update the version, but version
4.3 doesn't exist yet ;)

Thanks,
Dharmesh