Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kevin <go...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/30 19:33:25 UTC

a problem of FOP

Now I'm using Fop 0.20.5. I want to using the following fo to generate a pdf
document:

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" >

     <fo:layout-master-set>

          <fo:simple-page-master master-name="test-page-master"
page-width="8.5in" page-height="11in">

               <fo:region-body margin-top="0.4in"/>

          </fo:simple-page-master>

     </fo:layout-master-set>

     <fo:page-sequence master-reference="test-page-master">

          <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">

               <fo:block background-color="gray"> This element is unstyled
save for a background color of gray. However, it contains an

                    <fo:inline background-color="red"
padding-right="80pt">inline element of padding-right 80pt and
background-color of red</fo:inline>, which should result in 80pt right
padding, in the last line in which the inline box appears.

               </fo:block>

          </fo:flow>

     </fo:page-sequence>

</fo:root>

I think the resulting pdf document should be like this:

But I failed, the resulting pdf document is like:

Why I cannot set the sub-background-color within a line? What should I do to
show different background color in a line???

Thanks for your patience to answer my question.

Re: a problem of FOP

Posted by Luke <lu...@lukeshannon.com>.
You could also try defining the back-ground colour in the region-body definition and than over ridding it with the inline tags.

Luke

Luke Shannon
Web Design/Development
Java Programmer
http://www.lukeshannon.com
phone: 416-570-1984
  Not sure why that won't work. It looks right. Some dimensions for the page can't hurt. Perhaps there are issues calculating the 80pt padding without previously defined dimensions.

  Sorry I can't be of more help,

  Luke

  <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" >
  <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master master-name="test-page-master"
          page-height="21cm"
          page-width="29.7cm"
          margin-top="1cm"
          margin-bottom="2cm"
          margin-left="2.5cm"
          margin right="2.5cm">
          <fo:region-body
              margin-top="3cm"
              margin-bottom="1.5cm" />
          <fo:region-before extent="3cm"/>
          <fo:region-after extent="1.5cm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>
       <fo:page-sequence master-reference="test-page-master">
            <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                 <fo:block background-color="blue"> This element is unstyled save for a background color of gray. However, it contains an

Re: a problem of FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
The problem is that background-color is not supported on fo:inline in
FOP 0.20.5. However, it already works in FOP 1.0dev (first preview
release later this year, source code available for adventurous people
already today through CVS).

Jeremias Maerki

Re: a problem of FOP