Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gu...@tietoenator.com on 2006/12/14 10:31:01 UTC

Install sources

Hi,

How can I make the goal install to also install the sources and not just
the classes?

This is an extract from the documentation:
"install:install is used to automatically install the main project
artifact (the jar, war or ear), its pom and any attached artifacts
(sources, javadoc, etc) produced by a particular project."

So I assume it could be done.

:-)

Re: Install sources

Posted by Iulian Costan <iu...@gmail.com>.
On 12/14/06, Gunnar.Bostrom@tietoenator.com <Gu...@tietoenator.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I make the goal install to also install the sources and not just
> the classes?

there are at least 3 ways to do this; the quickest  one is to pass
-DperformRelease=true  parameter.
it works with both install and deploy: mvn install -DperformRelease=true
does the trick and installs sources and javadocs as well.

This is an extract from the documentation:
> "install:install is used to automatically install the main project
> artifact (the jar, war or ear), its pom and any attached artifacts
> (sources, javadoc, etc) produced by a particular project."
>
> So I assume it could be done.
>
> :-)

/iulian

Re: Install sources

Posted by Gaute Lote <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

this will work, but I also think that mvn deploy and mvn release makes the
source jars automatically:

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>jar</goal>