Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/01 22:50:54 UTC

backport Heliosearch features to Solr

As many of you know, I've been doing some work in the experimental
"heliosearch" fork of Solr over the past year.  I think it's time to
bring some more of those changes back.

So here's a poll: Which Heliosearch features do you think should be
brought back to Apache Solr?

http://bit.ly/1E7wi1Q
(link to google form)

-Yonik

Re: backport Heliosearch features to Solr

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting!

Result charts (note that these auto-generated charts don't show blanks
as equivalent to "0")
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gaMpNpHVdquA3q75yiFhqZhAWdWB-K6N8Jh3dBbWAU8/viewanalytics

Raw results spreadsheet (correlations can be interesting), and
percentages at the bottom.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uZ2qgOaKx1ZxJ_NKwj2zIAYFQ9fp8OrEPI5hqadcPeY/

-Yonik

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
<ot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Yonik,
>
> Now that you joined Cloudera, why not everything?

Everything is on the table, but from a practical point of view I
wanted to verify areas of user interest/support before doing the work
to get things back.

Even when there is user support, some things may be blocked anyway
(part of the reason why I did things under a fork in the first place).
I'll do what I can though.

-Yonik

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yonik,