Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Eddie P <ed...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/16 19:07:44 UTC

minifi template transform question

Hi,

I'm new to NiFi and MiniFi.  I'm trying to get a dataflow from MiniFi to
NiFi.  I'm following the instructions
<https://nifi.apache.org/minifi/minifi-java-agent-quick-start.html> on how
to transform an xml template to yml using the minifi toolkit.  I do not see
instructions on how to transform on a Windows machine.
On Mac the instructions say:

config.sh transform input_file output_file

Is there a similar command for Windows?

Also, on my mac, when I run the transform command I get JaxB errors:

Error reading template. (javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Implementation of
JAXB-API has not been found on module path or classpath.
 - with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory])

How can I resolve this?  I am using Jdk-10.

I appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Eddie Pagan

Re: minifi template transform question

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Eddie,

The toolkit's bin/ directory contains a .sh file (for *nix) and .bat
(for Windows), the latter should work to do the transformation.

MiNiFi has not been updated to support anything over Java 8, and there
are open issues even with NiFi Java 11 compatibility [1]. There is
work to bring MiNiFi into the NiFi codebase (MINIFI-422) [2]. As part
of efforts [1] and [2] we will likely be looking at getting it working
up until at least Java 11, then when we update the whole of NiFi to
support later Java versions (16, e.g.), MiNiFi would be included in
that effort as well.

Regards,
Matt

[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/4933