Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hans Prueller <ha...@gmx.net> on 2005/11/24 07:41:12 UTC

Unsupported Major.Minor Version?

Hi toghether,

when I try to deploy my first self-built test.ear project within
Geronimo / WASCE I get the
following error message:

java -jar .\bin\deployer.jar --user system --password manager deplo
y test.ear test-plan.xml
    Error: Unable to distribute test.ear: Error thrown during invocation

        test/interfaces/Business (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Can anybody give me a tip? The .ear file was built by using a jvm1.5 but
with
strict 1.4 compliance. could that be a problem?

regards,
Hans

--

*****
virtually hanzz...

Re: Unsupported Major.Minor Version?

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hans,
              I think that the problem is with building the EAR with a
1.5jvm. Try building with a
1.4 jvm and see if it helps.

regards,
Manu

Posted by Hans Prueller <ha...@gmx.net>.
It is strange somehow: the .ear file is build with Apache ANT running a
1.5 JVM but all compiler options are set so strict 1.4 compatibility,
WASCE/Geronimo itself runs on 1.4.2_07 and produces this error
regardless of the compat switches of the compiler. When building the
.ear with 1.4 too, it worked!

thank you.

hans

--