Posted to users@directory.apache.org by jaseer tk <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/11 06:28:57 UTC

[ApacheDS] : configuring apacheds as a slave of AD.

Hi,

I have an Active Directory server running in my organisation as a master.
Would want to configure ApacheDS as slave of AD. Is this possible ?

why I need apacheds(slave): Inorder to retrieve the password hashes from
apacheds to manage ssh user-login on our servers. Can't use the pam ldap
module method, because I need more customization here.

--
Jaseer TK
Operations Engineer - Inmobi, Bangalore

Re: [ApacheDS] : configuring apacheds as a slave of AD.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 11/11/13 6:28 AM, jaseer tk a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have an Active Directory server running in my organisation as a master.
> Would want to configure ApacheDS as slave of AD. Is this possible ?

Sadly, no. AD has a protocol which is really specific for replication.

> why I need apacheds(slave): Inorder to retrieve the password hashes from
> apacheds to manage ssh user-login on our servers. Can't use the pam ldap
> module method, because I need more customization here.

I'm not even sure you can read the userPassword attribute in AD... If
you can, then the best would be to write a piece of code that get
notified when such an attribute is updated on AD :
http://www.forumeasy.com/forums/archive/ldappro/200703/p117381285598.html

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com