Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/11 20:09:09 UTC

How to use a keyid build?

Hi,

I've just make a keyid build successfully. Lots of strange symbols
show up as in the wiki screenshot. What's next? How do I use the keyid
to find a target string?

Re: How to use a keyid build?

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 02:09:09AM +0800, Hung Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've just make a keyid build successfully. Lots of strange symbols
> show up as in the wiki screenshot. What's next? How do I use the keyid
> to find a target string?

It would be useful to have a database mapping KID - location, or tag all
the strings in PO file with their respective KID; in the meantime, you
can grep inside the KID po file, and get it's location; if you don't
have grep on your system, you can use OpenGrok.

Example (assuming that the KID file on trunk is up to date): go to menu
"File" - "Export to PDF". This string is preceded with its KID t34yi0,
search the KID in OpenGrok, narrowing the File Path to
extras/l10n/source/kid:

http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/search?q=%22.uno%3AExportToPDF%22&defs=&refs=&path=kid&hist=&project=aoo-trunk
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/more/aoo-trunk/extras/l10n/source/kid/localize.sdf?q=%22.uno%3AExportToPDF%22&path=kid

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: How to use a keyid build?

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Here is some content regarding te use of KeyID builds
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/KeyID_Build
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_AOO_User_Interface#Using_a_KeyID
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Technical_Helpers#Getting_a_KeyID-Build

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've just make a keyid build successfully. Lots of strange symbols
> show up as in the wiki screenshot. What's next? How do I use the keyid
> to find a target string?

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor