Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/06 01:51:31 UTC

use separate mirrors for project dendencies and plugin dependencies ??

for legal purpose ( btw, please dont drill me here), I would like to use
one mirror as a gate way for all of of my project dependencies,and another
mirror as a gate way for all of my plugins and their dependencies

is it possible? Posting a settings.xml config here is very much appreciated

Thanks

-D

BTW

as documented, I am currently  able to get both type of artifacts to use
the same mirror to my repo manager

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html does not
seem to support what I am looking for

Re: use separate mirrors for project dendencies and plugin dependencies ??

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

> Also, do i need to redefine 'central'  it looks redundant to me

It's best-practice IMO. It ensures that the central definition declared in
the super-POM is overwritten with a dummy (not working) URL. It will/should
then be handled by the mirror so that it is redirected to the internal
mirror. If, for any reason, the mirror definition is removed or not
correctly declared you will then quickly noticed this as your Maven build
will not work (as the calls to 'central' will fail).

/Anders

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ander

that makes sense

now i only have

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I got some thing working

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Wolf Geldmacher <wo...@abacus.ch>.
On 06.05.2014 09:07, Dan Tran wrote:
> Ofcourse, I do have Maven repo manager ̣ nexus at this time), however still
> struggle on how to get only plugin's artifact goto one proxy and others
> goto to another proxy using mirror settings.
>
> Are you able to do so?
>
> -Dan
I'm none to sure that this would even help at all:

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

It would be good if Proxy requests would actually carry the repository URLs or names the request is actually proxied for. I havent seen a proxy which allows configuration in this regard (and therefore I think the protocol does not provide this extra information)

Bernd

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Domsch <ma...@landrus.de>.
Hi Dan,