Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/16 16:38:49 UTC

Updated to Maven2 repository for third-party dependencies

I've updated the build to download dependencies from maven2
repository. I've also moved the library versions to build.properties.
Let me know if anything breaks.

bob

Re: Updated to Maven2 repository for third-party dependencies

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.
>> Also, IMHO there's no need to move the JAR version numbers to
>> build.properties:
>
> I hear you, however Maven2 uses the library version in both the url and
> and the jar name. So we would have to update the build.xml in two
> places, now only in one -> build.properties. Cayenne 3 being the
> exception because their packaging changed.
OK, than I changed(updated) the patch for Cayenne3 to support these
build.xml refactorings. With this new patch, there are no merge errors
anymore:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLK-505

Re: Updated to Maven2 repository for third-party dependencies

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Adrian A. wrote:

> Also, IMHO there's no need to move the JAR version numbers to
> build.properties:

I hear you, however Maven2 uses the library version in both the url
and and the jar name. So we would have to update the build.xml in two
places, now only in one -> build.properties. Cayenne 3 being the
exception because their packaging changed. If other developers feel we
should have the versions inside the build.xml we can do so.

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.
> I've updated the build to download dependencies from maven2 repository.
> I've also moved the library versions to build.properties. Let me know if
> anything breaks.
It breaks only uncommited(yet) JIRA patches :(.

Also, IMHO there's no need to move the JAR version numbers to
build.properties:
- this is changed by most users. Having more content in it (that also
changes), means that users have one more place to be careful when
merging to the local changes.
- it's one more indirection to find out what jar what version is using.
- the old way was pretty clear and simple, so I think this is not an
improvement.

just my 2 cents.