Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/29 13:44:15 UTC

Disabling a storage pool

Hello folks

Is there a way to disable a particular storage pool so that it won't be
used for further volume allocation? I don't want to enable the maintenance
mode as that will turn off the VM's whose volumes running on that pool. I
don't want to use a global setting also since this will come into effect
after the threshold value is reached.

In some cases even if the pool is just 10% allocated, I still want to
disable it so that the current volumes will keep existing on the same pool
and at the same time further deployment of volumes on this pool is disabled.

I looked at the storge tags options but that involves adding tags to
service offerings and I dont want to mess up with that tags. Should we add
a new api to enable this feature? or any other better suggestion?

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh

Re: Disabling a storage pool

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
You confused me David - that API seems new in 4.15 and is related to the
SECONDARY storage, not primary storage - but is great to learn new stuff
every day!

cheers,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Disabling a storage pool

Re: Disabling a storage pool

Posted by Rakesh Venkatesh <ww...@gmail.com>.
i was able to hack the db to make it work with storage and service offering
tags but thats not useful all the time in production

--
Thanks and regards
Rakesh venkatesh

Re: Disabling a storage pool