Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/12/04 11:53:27 UTC

[LAST CALL] verification of the SDK documentation

Hi,

I want to make sure that the SDK documentation (README, RELEASE_NOTES,
NOTICE, LICENSE and CONTRIBUTORS) is in order BEFORE we enter the
release cycle. This will avoid discussion and delay, so please
contribute if you can!

There were considerable changes to each of these documents, so please
check them all carefully. If you are a committer, please fix any
issues you find directly in the repo, 'commit then review' will be by
far the most effective approach. For others, or if you are unsure if
what you found is actually an issue, please use this thread to make
your case. If we can't reach consensus after a short discussion I will
start a vote. That way we can keep the process moving forward and
running smoothly.

Please, pretty please, if you plan to join this process at all, do it
now. Don't wait until the first RC is cut!

Thanks and have fun,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [LAST CALL] verification of the SDK documentation

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> BTW, the wiki page
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/AS3+Promises+-+a+guide+and+example
> looks a incomplete.  You might want to clean it up a bit.

Yeah, I'll try to get to that next week...

EdB

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have added a link to the wiki page for Promises.

BTW, the wiki page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/AS3+Promises+-+a+guide+and+example
looks a incomplete.  You might want to clean it up a bit.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> RELEASE_NOTES?  Or is Mahmoud planning on a new wiki page?

He stated he is working on an updated version for the Flex Wiki.

EdB

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

> I found this link [1] for FlatSpark usage.  Can we add this to the
> RELEASE_NOTES?  Or is Mahmoud planning on a new wiki page?
>
> It would be nice to have a wiki page for the TLF Tables as well.  Harbs,
> any chance you can get something like that up?

This version is outdated so it can cause some confusion, I am working on an
updated version.

Re: [LAST CALL] verification of the SDK documentation

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I'd even consider taking the 'changing
> the version' paragraph out entirely, as it seems that is an
> exceedingly rare action.

I'd leave it in.given that new versions of FP/AIR come out more frequently than we're currently releasing the SDK. I notice for instance that the build files are still using the FP 16 beta when FP 16 has been released.

It's far easier running the script than rerunning the installer where bandwidth is limited and it has a much greater chance of working. It also useful for getting updated version of the FP when there have been security patches.

Justin

Re: [LAST CALL] verification of the SDK documentation

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> * Also, it's not clear whether "On Mac/Linux the AIR and Flash Player
> version can be changed by running:" is optional or required. Should we
> clarify that?

I'd say that 'can be changed' should be enough indication that there
is an original state/default... I'd even consider taking the 'changing

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
I just made a few changes to README, mostly cosmetic (see commit
email). Some questions, while reading it:

* "The Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR have excluded licenses so they
can not be bundled with the Apache Flex SDK" - is that meant to be
"exclusive"?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I'm trying to avoid 'last-minute' finds, and long discussions at a
late stage that might block the release. Basically I'm starting early
on calling on people to help out with the various tasks that have
proved 'contentious' during previous releases :-)

EdB

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.