Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Husain, Yavar" <yh...@firstam.com> on 2011/12/08 09:41:29 UTC

SQL Server Solr RAM issue

When I start solr indexing RAM taken by MS SQL Server 2008 R2 also keeps on increasing & initially from some 1GB it went on to 3.6 GB (when indexing was completed for just 1 Million records/5GB). I have set the responseBuffering parameter to adaptive in data-config.xml however it didn't help me out. Even on killing the Tomcat, SQL Server is consuming the same memory (i.e. 3.6 GB), should it not release the memory and also just wanted to know why so much of RAM consumption by SQL Server during Indexing process?

</PRE>
<BR>
******************************************************************************************<BR>This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the<BR>addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are<BR>not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,<BR>you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly<BR>prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by<BR>replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you.~<BR>
FAFLD<BR>
<PRE>