Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Jeff Martin <je...@reportmill.com> on 2010/07/01 16:36:06 UTC

PivotBuilder from ReportMill

I spent a few hours recently hacking together a "Pivot Builder" by extending our ReportMill developer software, and Greg suggested I mention it to the list since I was wondering if there is any interest or market for this. We've done the same thing in the past for JavaFX (and currently have support for Swing).

So far I have enough to drop in a Pivot component with a custom inspector to set its class to PushButton, RadioButton or CheckBox, then set its ButtonData. It is actually instantiating Pivot components and rendering them using their paint methods. Screenshot below (including a custom Welcome Panel :-).

Any thoughts? Benefactors? :-)

Jeff Martin
214.513.1636

Let us do your ReportMill work for you!

Re: PivotBuilder from ReportMill

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Based on the screen shot, this looks really cool and I'd like to see more. A GUI builder for Pivot is a common request.

BTW, any benefactors interested in sponsoring such an effort are also more than welcome at the Pivot camp.  ;-)