Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by JD...@genelogic.com on 2002/12/04 00:45:25 UTC

TURBINE_* using native seqs?

I've recently begun a project using Turbine and am quite impressed. I am,
however, currently struggling with how to convince the turbine
user/group/role objects to use 'native' id brokering rather than the
ID_TABLE/idBroker system. It seems to me that this behavior is compiled
into the .jar distributed as part of the tdk (I'm using 2.2rc2) and that
I'm simply stuck and should learn to enjoy using native sequences for my
tables and ID_TABLE for the TURBINE_* classes.

Is this the case? Obviously not a huge deal; I'm simply curious.
-j

James Diggans
Bioinformatics Programmer
Gene Logic, Inc.
Phone: 301.987.1756
FAX: 301.987.1701

Re: TURBINE_* using native seqs?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
JDiggans@genelogic.com writes:

>I've recently begun a project using Turbine and am quite impressed. I am,
>however, currently struggling with how to convince the turbine
>user/group/role objects to use 'native' id brokering rather than the
>ID_TABLE/idBroker system. It seems to me that this behavior is compiled
>into the .jar distributed as part of the tdk (I'm using 2.2rc2) and that
>I'm simply stuck and should learn to enjoy using native sequences for my
>tables and ID_TABLE for the TURBINE_* classes.

>Is this the case? Obviously not a huge deal; I'm simply curious.

Yes. The sequence type is defined in the turbine-security-schema.xml
file and carried over into the torque-generated om classes.

If you want to change it, grab the source, edit the schema.xml file
(change from "IdBroker" to "Native" and rebuild the jar.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

RE: TURBINE_* using native seqs?

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
Your best bet would be to live with it for the time being.  There are quite
a few issues with the Security service that aim to be fixed with newer
versions.  Curious, why are you not liking them?

You can alternatively check out the source from cvs, install maven, change
the PeerClasses (org.apache.turbine.om) to use the native id generation and
recompile.  Read up on Torque to see how Peer classes are affected depending
on the id scheme you select.

Good luck,

Chris