Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2022/10/17 10:42:41 UTC

Stepping down as a chair and Ambari PMC member

Hi!

from the time the project was trying to resurrect itself
from the Attic -- I only stepped in to make sure we do
it successfully. It was never my intent to serve as a
long time chair or a PMC member for Ambari (y'all
have way too many talented individuals to keep going
at this point).

So... I propose we kick-off a process of finding a new
PMC chair. Then I can also resign from the PMC. The
easiest would be for ppl to either nominate somebody
or self-nominate -- and I suggest we do it here on dev@
not on private@ (the final vote would, of course, have
to happen on private@).

I also would like to suggest that this PMC considers a
policy of a "rotating chair" -- IOW, let's make this a annual
(or even bi-annual) process of picking somebody from
the PMC ranks as a new chair. That way -- it spreads the
load and make sure that there's nothing special about
this role (nor should there be actually!).

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Stepping down as a chair and Ambari PMC member

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
>> from the time the project was trying to resurrect itself
>> from the Attic -- I only stepped in to make sure we do
>> it successfully. It was never my intent to serve as a
>> long time chair or a PMC member for Ambari (y'all
>> have way too many talented individuals to keep going
>> at this point)

Thanks a lot roman for your efforts,guidance,support  and leading to make
this happen. It wasn't possible to reboot the ambari without you.

>> So... I propose we kick-off a process of finding a new
>> PMC chair. Then I can also resign from the PMC. The
>> easiest would be for ppl to either nominate somebody
>> or self-nominate -- and I suggest we do it here on dev@
>> not on private@ (the final vote would, of course, have
>> to happen on private@).

It's a good idea and it will be more transparent .

>> I also would like to suggest that this PMC considers a
>> policy of a "rotating chair" -- IOW, let's make this a annual
>> (or even bi-annual) process of picking somebody from
>> the PMC ranks as a new chair. That way -- it spreads the
>> load and make sure that there's nothing special about
>> this role (nor should there be actually!).

I agree with this.

>> I Propose Brahma Reddy Battula for PMC Chair.
Thanks Suhas, I would love to be part of this.

Re:Re: Stepping down as a chair and Ambari PMC member

Posted by Yu Hou <hy...@163.com>.
I support ZhiGuo Wu as Ambari-chair because

1. As the main initiator of Ambari's resurrection, he played a key role in Ambari's resurrection.

2. He also works full time for Ambari, actively participating in community activities and coordinating the common development with Bigtop community.

3. He also set a healthy and long-term path for Ambari's future development.

Judging from the above, others do not have this condition.

--

Best Regards,
Yu Hou

在 2022-10-18 17:36:57,"Yuqi Gu" <gu...@apache.org> 写道: