Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com> on 2016/03/09 13:03:51 UTC

Help on Advanced DataGrid

Hello

I have AdvancedDataGrid showing hierarchy data
Functional requirement is I want to hide a row depending on condition.

Option 1 : We can use the filterFunction to remove the object then the row won't be shown.

But in my case the I don't want to remove the object using filter function just want to hide the row using the data from that object

Is this possible by any chance

Regards
Virat I Patil

AW: Help on Advanced DataGrid

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
> I have AdvancedDataGrid showing hierarchy data Functional requirement is I want to hide a row depending on condition.
Is this kind of filtering  not better placed at your model tier?
You could implement some functionality at your model that always returns a subset of your origin data depending on the passed conditions. This subset could be bind to the data provider of your grid.
Doing it this way this functionality is reusable and independent from your view, it will work with e.g. a List component also.

Olaf

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Markus Kirchner, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: Help on Advanced DataGrid

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/9/16, 10:52 PM, "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com> wrote:

>We have groupingColleciton which is assigned as dataprovider to the
>advanceddatagrid
>
>I agree that filterFunction doesnot change the data set but in case we
>have labelFunction applied to a column we will only get filtered objects.

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

>Some how I want data to be present in the data set and depending of some
>condition I want to hide the row.

If you aren't using alternating background row colors, I suppose you could
try using variableRowHeight and having a custom renderer that determines
its height to be 1 pixel.  I don't know what will happen if you set the
height to be 0 pixels.

-Alex

RE: Help on Advanced DataGrid

Posted by "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com>.
We have groupingColleciton which is assigned as dataprovider to the advanceddatagrid

I agree that filterFunction doesnot change the data set but in case we have labelFunction applied to a column we will only get filtered objects.

Some how I want data to be present in the data set and depending of some condition I want to hide the row.

Are you using ListCollectionView?  A View is a subset of a data set.
Filtering doesn't not change the data set, just what is in the view.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.