Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny Tolliver <jx...@ornl.gov> on 2005/01/27 20:07:19 UTC

Tomcat datasource not persisting across restarts

I've built a simple web app using Sun JSCreator. It accesses a MySQL database,
and I've deployed on Tomcat 5.0.28. It took a little haggling to get the
datasource registration in Tomcat just right, but it finally works. I used
Tomcat's admin GUI to register the data source, and I deploy the web app by
using a context file.

However, I have noticed that stopping and restarting Tomcat somehow messes up
the datasource registration. All appears well in the admin GUI, but the app
doesn't work. The error is a database login error where the database username
and/or password are not recognized. Deleting and rebuilding the datasource
registration fixes the problem.

Is this a Tomcat problem or maybe a database problem? (The command line
interface to MySQL continues to work even when the web app complains of a bad
user/password).

Any ideas what's going on? Any similar experiences?

Thanks,
Johnny S. Tolliver
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
tolliverjs@ornl.gov, 865-574-1305

Re: Tomcat datasource not persisting across restarts

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Post your config files. server.xml and web.xml from ../conf/ and the web and
context files for you app.

Doug