Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com> on 2016/04/07 22:44:34 UTC

Zeppelin UX Design Roadmap Proposal

Hi all,

(sending from my consulting email, as my other email account keeps bouncing)

Some of you, I know and have met with in person. Others of you, I know by
name from these mailing lists. I'm a UX design lead at the Spark Technology
Center in San Francisco. I've been in conversation with a number of you
about UX design enhancements for the Zeppelin notebook. I've drafted an
initial proposal to start a UX roadmap for Zeppelin and begin a
conversation. You can find the proposal on Confluence at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZEPPELIN/Zeppelin+UX+Roadmap

I've outlined some initial themes and included a rough prototype video to
help capture the interaction (though it is a little rough).

This roadmap is still a rough draft proposal. I will be adding to it moving
forward and encourage feedback. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Jeremy

*Jeremy Anderson*
UX Design Lead  |  Spark Technology Center  |  IBM
425 Market Street, 20th Floor  |  San Francisco, CA 94105
spark.tc | Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ObjectAdjective>

Re: Zeppelin UX Design Roadmap Proposal

Posted by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com>.
Thanks Jongyoul! I'm working on the homepage and additional views for
settings, notebook catalog and so forth. I'll share these as they are ready.

*Jeremy Anderson*
UX Design Lead  |  Spark Technology Center  |  IBM
425 Market Street, 20th Floor  |  San Francisco, CA 94105
spark.tc | Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ObjectAdjective>

Jeremy Anderson
Founder, Object Adjective
415.493.8489
jeremy@objectadjective.com
objectadjective.com <http://about.me/jeremyanderson>

addressed.

Posted by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com>.

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com>.
Thanks Moon!

Posted by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com>.
Thanks Moon!

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeremy,

Posted by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com>.
Thanks for the feedback DuyHai!

*Jeremy Anderson*
UX Design Lead  |  Spark Technology Center  |  IBM
425 Market Street, 20th Floor  |  San Francisco, CA 94105
+1.415.756.5198 | spark.tc | Linkedin

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Jeremy Anderson <jeremy@objectadjective.com

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>.
Same here,
UX does not necesarry depend on UI itself.

Also i) would allow to improve our look&feel setup to have more and more
freedom.

However we might want to decide what is our policy for new features in that
case (if they have to be implemented in all look&feel or not)
On May 9, 2016 14:01, "Jeremy Anderson" <je...@objectadjective.com> wrote:

Moon,

I think this proposal is great to keep things moving forward. For B, I
think i) is the easiest approach and will help establish some best
practices around design. Beyond that, we'd like to create a living style
guide, where components, HTML/CSS live together. This will help as both a
reference for contributors as well as a template for branching off new
themes we may want to include in the future.

Posted by Jeremy Anderson <je...@objectadjective.com>.
Moon,

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,