Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by DaveMainwaring <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 14:31:58 UTC

Re: convert picture to OCR ODT

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:01 AM, Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:

> > > I have a Canon Multifunction laser MF4150 from which I scanned a text
> file, which scanned as a picture, is there a way to convert it to a text
> file?
> > > Converting a BMP, JPG to a word processing file which can be edited?

Be careful much of the free OCR software is packed with trash and malware.

I have been doing a lot of ocr this last week. One free and simple way is
to use Google Drive. Upload/save as image down load as word doc, rtf etc. I
forgot about using Drive and bought  Nuance software which included a
converter.

--
"To succeed, stay focused.

*                                         Do what you do
best,
up-skill,  prepare for new challenges,

                                 make time for learning"*

My BIO ?? Google 4 me:  Dave+Mainwaring+Knowledge+Networks