Posted to user@ant.apache.org by KC Baltz <KB...@responsenetworks.com> on 2001/03/02 21:54:08 UTC

Questions on the state of Ant features

There are a couple of features that seem to be missing from 1.2 and I was
wondering when they were expected to appear (if at all).

- A task to increment build numbers.  I've seen a few submissions that do
this, but I was wondering if this will ever be part of the distribution.

- The return of deltree ability.  I'd like to be able to say "here's my
build directory, delete it and anything under it."  I think I heard this was
appearing in 1.3 as part of the <delete> task?

K.C. Baltz
Senior Engineer
Response Networks, Inc.
North Andover, MA
(978)725-3133

Re: Questions on the state of Ant features

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
KC Baltz <KB...@responsenetworks.com> wrote:

> There are a couple of features that seem to be missing from 1.2 and
> I was wondering when they were expected to appear (if at all).
>
> - A task to increment build numbers.

Uhm, I must admit that I have not followed these threads close enough,
but isn't the optional <propertyfile> task in 1.3 supposed to this?

> - The return of deltree ability.  I'd like to be able to say "here's
> my build directory, delete it and anything under it."

What is the problem with <delete dir="..." /> that needs to be
addressed?

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Questions on the state of Ant features

Posted by Sean Kelly <ke...@ad1440.net>.
> - The return of deltree ability.

Ant 1.2's <delete> task has a "dir" attribute.

--k