Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sathish Kumar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/29 22:00:44 UTC

Suspecting Namenode Filesystem Corrupt!!

Hi All,

When i issue "df -h" command in namenode, i am not able to get back the
result. Is it a issue with the filesytems??

Regards
Sathish

Re: Suspecting Namenode Filesystem Corrupt!!

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.
My foundation is more Linux than Hadoop, so I'll support Harsh (like he
needs it) in asking, "What's the problem?"  If you can't df -h this is
probably a "lower than Hadoop" issue, and while most Hadoop folks are
willing to help (see the fact that Harsh responded) this is 99.9% likely to
be an EXT4, XFS or other FS issue.

In summary, what are you seeing, specifically?

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.