Posted to user@flume.apache.org by mahendran m <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2014/11/18 09:53:13 UTC

Moving the IIS logs

Hi All,
I have doubt in implementing moving the IIS log HDFSin IIS log system we can create the log in below configuration
Schedule basicsHours  -- > create the new file per hour and append subsequent logs to that file Day -- > create the new file per day and append subsequent logs to that file Week -- > create the new file per week and append subsequent logs to that file Month-- > create the new file per hour and append subsequent logs to that file
Size basicsMax size --> create the new file and append subsequent logs to that file to that file until it reach its maximum size
No new filethis means it doesn't create any new file it append all logs in single file only
My Requirement is  i need to move the logs generated by IIS into HDFS server . i know i can move log file using the spooling directory source but here by case is it create the file and append the logs to files , this not work with spooling directory. is There any other way i can achieve this ? if only possible way is sing the spooling directory means . how we can handle this?
Thanks,Mahendran