Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christian Michallek <ch...@e-tecture.com> on 2008/07/23 21:22:14 UTC

svnserve: authenticating against Active Directory while using CRAM-MD5 clientside

Hi everyone,

i thought GSSAPI with kerberos would be a way to authenticate against AD, but after i got it working i noticed that im on the wrong way.
I want to use my username/password with my svn client, not using kinit first and most clients dont support it yet.
With Apache and web_dav  i used ldap, so i tried this, but i couldnt get it working with svnserve.
all the documentation i could find for sasl with ldapdb was only for openLDAP.

Is it even possible to use CRAM-MD5 clientside and authenticate against AD?

greetings

christian