Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chad Armstrong <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/24 21:12:20 UTC

Remote Calls from Ant?

Hello,
  I have an ant script running on an XP box that needs to kick off a
script/process on a separate linux box. Where should I start looking
for a way to do this? (I know that is pretty general, but that is the
crux of the challenge).

thanks
Chad

Re: Remote Calls from Ant?

Posted by "koden (sent by Nabble.com)" <li...@nabble.com>.
the server and client for the ant-contrib seem to have no authentication methods.  isn't this a big security issue?  are there better tasks that do a similar thing but with authentication?

how does rexec work?  Does that need a server too?  Or does that use telnet?  does it provide feedback to the local machine when running on the remote?

thanks
--
Sent from the Ant - Users forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Remote-Calls-from-Ant--t99548.html#a694874

Re: Remote Calls from Ant?

Posted by Chad Armstrong <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ah, good- someone had mentioned that there were ant tasks somewhere
that might be able to do this. Just didn't know what they might be
called. Thanks.

Re: Remote Calls from Ant?

Posted by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com