Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Krusic <br...@krusic.com> on 2006/08/08 01:06:21 UTC

error - cannot copy file.svn-base...

Hi,

Was wondering what the best practice is for this;

1) Attempting clean up from client end.
2) Error "... cannot copy filename.svn-base, system cannot find the file
specified"

I ultimately have to del the local copy from the client and update to get it
back.

Any better ways around this as it could get pretty time consuming.

Thanks in advance,
Bri-

Re: error - cannot copy file.svn-base...

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
Please keep replies on the list by using your email program's Reply
To All feature.

On Aug 9, 2006, at 00:33, Brian Krusic wrote:

>> Well, does "filename.svn-base" actually exist within the .svn/
>> text- base directory
> Yes
>
>> or do you maybe have some process that's killing  the .svn
>> directories somehow?
> No

Hmm.

>> Why are you needing to "svn cleanup" anyhow?
> When doing an update, I am promoted to run clean up first.
>
> Any ideas?

You should only be prompted to run cleanup if your previous attempt
at updating had unexpectedly aborted.

Re: error - cannot copy file.svn-base...

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Aug 8, 2006, at 03:06, Brian Krusic wrote:

> Was wondering what the best practice is for this;
>
> 1) Attempting clean up from client end.
> 2) Error "... cannot copy filename.svn-base, system cannot find the
> file specified"
>
> I ultimately have to del the local copy from the client and update
> to get it back.
>
> Any better ways around this as it could get pretty time consuming.

Well, does "filename.svn-base" actually exist within the .svn/text-
base directory, or do you maybe have some process that's killing
the .svn directories somehow?

Why are you needing to "svn cleanup" anyhow? You should only need to
do that if Subversion suggested it to you, and it should only suggest
it in unusual cases.