Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za> on 2017/09/22 11:53:25 UTC

Update Isis project documentation

Hi,

Am I correct in guessing that Apache CMS is no longer available to edit
the project documentation?

I assume I would edit the documentation in git at [1]?

The "Edit inline via PR" has also been removed, right? (I don't see it in
Firefox).

Cheers,
Kevin

[1]
https://github.com/apache/isis/tree/master/adocs/documentation/src/main/asciidoc

--
Kevin Meyer
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Update Isis project documentation

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 at 12:53 Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am I correct in guessing that Apache CMS is no longer available to edit
> the project documentation?
>
> correct

> I assume I would edit the documentation in git at [1]?
>
> correct

> The "Edit inline via PR" has also been removed, right? (I don't see it in
> Firefox).
>
> no.

For casual fixes/typos, just go to the deployed site (
http://isis.apache.org/documentation.html ) and click on the edit button.
This will take you to the corresponding page in github (you'll need to
login and somewhere along the line a fork is created for your account if
you don't already have one).  When you save your changes it'll result in a
PR being raised against apache/isis for committers to review and merge in.

If you want to do more extensive editing, then it makes sense to checkout
and build locally.  More info at [2], [3] and [4]

Cheers
Dan

[2]
http://isis.apache.org/guides/cgcom/cgcom.html#_cgcom_asciidoc-publish-procedure