Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com> on 2021/03/29 12:26:14 UTC

Re: [External] : Re: Proposal to release 12.4 Beta VSCode NetBeans ext on Marketplace

Hi,
When we do voting on 12.4 Beta artifacts, sources and binaries then we are allowed to put these to “official” = publicly accessible download pages, right? I mean Beta binaries can be linked from main download page, if community wants. And I can put VSNetBeans to VSCode marketplace.
This sounds good to me.
Martin

On 27 Mar 2021, at 21:50, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>> wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, 20:37 Geertjan Wielenga,
<ge...@googlemail.com.invalid>> wrote:

But we can't make a Beta available as a binary for general usage can we, or
can we do so if it's been voted on, but then if it's voted on can it still
be considered a Beta? Then it's a release, if it's voted on.

Betas, unstable, alpha, etc. should all be voted on before linking outside
of dev@. It's covered in the section I linked to, and following one. So,
yes, having a beta release voted on is potentially good for us.

Neil

Re: [External] : Re: Proposal to release 12.4 Beta VSCode NetBeans ext on Marketplace

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
That's right.

Gj