Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2006/03/11 23:12:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.2 (based on RC3)

This is a vote for the release [io] v1.2 based on RC3

It's a new vote for clarity:
- download doesn't depend on commons-build (Gary)
- some tests patched (Niall)
- building.html linked to commons building page (Gary)
- MD5 and ASC for jar available (Robert)
- various scripts changed to support above

RC3 is here:
http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/

Site here:
http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/

Release notes here:
http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/upgradeto1_2.html

------------
[ ] +1  I support this release
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1  I do not support this release because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.2 (based on RC3)

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
This vote has closed, a new one based on RC5 has been initiated.

-Rahul

Re: [io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5

Posted by James Ring <sj...@jdns.org>.
Hi Stephen,

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 09:51, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> All. Please test RC5 or your SVN copy. It should fix the OS X issues,
> but obviously I can't actually test that...
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/

Latest SVN tests all pass for me on JDK 1.6.0-rc-b61 on Linux.

> Stephen

Regards,
James

--
James Ring

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.2 (based on RC3)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/03/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Errors are:

[...]

> Testcase: testGetFreeSpace_String(org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase):
>  FAILED
> expected:<9.4452176E7> but was:<4.7226088E7>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<9.4452176E7> but
> was:<4.7226088E7>
>    at org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase.testGetFreeSpace_String(FileSystemUtilsTestCase.java:68)
>
> The problem here is that OS X uses 512 byte block sizes, not 1k as the
> test assumes. So no way it'll pass.

BTW, OpenVMS also uses a 512 byte block size.

S.

Re: [io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5

Posted by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org>.
All tests pass on my OS X 10.4.5 Powerbook G4 using the 1.4.2 JVM.

On 3/13/06, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> All. Please test RC5 or your SVN copy. It should fix the OS X issues,
> but obviously I can't actually test that...
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/
>
> Stephen
>

> Henri Yandell wrote:
> > Errors are:
> >
> > Testcase: testThrowsOnNullList(org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase):
> >  FAILED
> > expected:<0> but was:<1>
> > junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<0> but was:<1>
> >     at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase.chmod(FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase.java:161)
> >
> > Not sure what's going on here. Not sure why we chmod 775 before
> > tearing down either :) It's chmodding
> > "/Users/hen/apache/jakarta/commons-proper/io/test/io/list-files ",
> > which seems to be correct, and chmod'ing a non-existent file returns
> > an error code of 1 on both OS X and Debian.
> >
> > and
> >

> > Testcase: testGetFreeSpace_String(org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase):
> >   FAILED
> > expected:<9.4452176E7> but was:<4.7226088E7>
> > junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<9.4452176E7> but
> > was:<4.7226088E7>
> >     at org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase.testGetFreeSpace_String(FileSystemUtilsTestCase.java:68)
> >
> > The problem here is that OS X uses 512 byte block sizes, not 1k as the
> > test assumes. So no way it'll pass.
> >
> > Hen

> >>Yep, running maven on the command line I get the same errors.
> >>
> >>I'll try and dig into it tonight. At least find an hour or so before I
> >>dig into the 'need to dos'.
> >>
> >>Hen

Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine

Re: [io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
ilango wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to this list. I wanted to know if there are any instructions out there to use the FileUpload Utility inside the Jboss portal?

Please read the instructions about subject titles and repost.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Commons
Stephen

Re: [io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5

Posted by ilango <il...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
I am new to this list. I wanted to know if there are any instructions out there to use the FileUpload Utility inside the Jboss portal?

ilango

Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote: Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> All. Please test RC5 or your SVN copy. It should fix the OS X issues,
> but obviously I can't actually test that...
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/

Thanks for the various responses and tests run. I think we're good for
another vote thread.

Stephen

---------------------------------

Re: [io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 3/13/06, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> All. Please test RC5 or your SVN copy. It should fix the OS X issues,
> but obviously I can't actually test that...
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/

<snip/>

Late response as I was traveling, but IMO, the FileSystemUtils test in
question is always going to be trouble (though it passes on my
machines -- home-brew Linux and XP). Environment variables such as
POSIXLY_CORRECT (*nix) or BLOCKSIZE (OS X) can alter the default df
output, so df usage without the normalizing -k switch in freeSpace()
makes the test fragile.

Having said that, I'm largely +1 to the release, and in the process of
trying to figure out which thread to vote on ...

-Rahul

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.
Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> All. Please test RC5 or your SVN copy. It should fix the OS X issues,
> but obviously I can't actually test that...

RC5 tests fine for me, jdks 1.4 and 1.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.5.

   michael

[io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Errors are:

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Sigs, hashes both worked fine (using KEYS from io download).
>
> Maven fails on the unpacked source zip. JDK 1.4 on OS X. The errors are in:
>
>     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase
>     [junit] Tests run: 21, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.311 sec
>     [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase FAILED
>     [junit] Running org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase
>     [junit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.531 sec
>     [junit] [ERROR] TEST
> org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase FAILED
>
> Hen

RC4 fails with jdk 1.4.2 and 1.5 on OSX:

[junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtilsTestCase FAILED
[junit] Running org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase
[junit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.517 sec
[junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.commons.io.FileUtilsCleanDirectoryTestCase FAILED

$ java -version
java version "1.4.2_09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_09-232)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-54, mixed mode)

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-72)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-44, mixed mode, sharing)

   michael

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.2 (based on RC3)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons IO 1.2 (based on RC3)

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 3/11/06, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> This is a vote for the release [io] v1.2 based on RC3
<snip/>

Note that this vote is for the SVN trunk (a.k.a RC5, IIUC):

> ------------
> [X] +1  I support this release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1  I do not support this release because...

<snap/>

Nits:
 * Javadoc warnings
 * Inconsistent SVN tagging of RCs (tags exist for 1.0 RCs, but not thereafter)

-Rahul