Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2002/12/08 15:14:12 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod core.html.en core.xml

On 8 Dec 2002 nd@apache.org wrote:

>   +      <p>The output filters are never applied on proxy requests.</p>

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the mod_proxy docs contain the
following:

<Proxy http://example.com/foo/*>
  SetOutputFilter INCLUDES
</Proxy>

Either what you wrote contradicts this, or I'm misunderstanding what
you're saying. In either case, can you clarify your statement a little?
Thanks.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://kenya.rcbowen.com/

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod core.html.en core.xml

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Rich Bowen wrote:

>> "The by-type filters are never..."?
>
> I'm sorry, that should have been obvious from the context. *Sigh*. I'll
> try to pay better attention next time.

ah, no, no. As Kess said, the docs are mainly for the *user*. And the users
probably won't pay attention as much as we do (or should do ;-)) here.
I'm going to change the sentence. Thanks for pointing that out.

nd
--
Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else
use it, and get a new one every six months.  -- Clifford Stoll

                                    (found in ssl_engine_pphrase.c)

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod core.html.en core.xml

Posted by Astrid Kessler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
> ehm, I meant, the filters that are inserted with AddOutputFilterByType.
> perhaps one should say:
>
> "The by-type filters are never..."?

Yes, that would be better. Remember how users read a manual ... ;o)

Kess

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod core.html.en core.xml

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Andr� Malo wrote:

> * Rich Bowen wrote:
>
> > On 8 Dec 2002 nd@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >>   +      <p>The output filters are never applied on proxy requests.</p>
> >
> > Perhaps I'm missing something, but the mod_proxy docs contain the
> > following:
> >
> > <Proxy http://example.com/foo/*>
> >   SetOutputFilter INCLUDES
> > </Proxy>
> >
> > Either what you wrote contradicts this, or I'm misunderstanding what
> > you're saying. In either case, can you clarify your statement a little?
>
> ehm, I meant, the filters that are inserted with AddOutputFilterByType.
> perhaps one should say:
>
> "The by-type filters are never..."?

I'm sorry, that should have been obvious from the context. *Sigh*. I'll
try to pay better attention next time.

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod core.html.en core.xml

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2002 nd@apache.org wrote:
>
>>   +      <p>The output filters are never applied on proxy requests.</p>
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something, but the mod_proxy docs contain the
> following:
>
> <Proxy http://example.com/foo/*>
>   SetOutputFilter INCLUDES
> </Proxy>
>
> Either what you wrote contradicts this, or I'm misunderstanding what
> you're saying. In either case, can you clarify your statement a little?

ehm, I meant, the filters that are inserted with AddOutputFilterByType.
perhaps one should say:

"The by-type filters are never..."?

nd
--