Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "David B. Witt" <Da...@ironhilltechnology.com> on 2004/09/26 21:59:39 UTC

log4net Questions

I hope I have the correct e-mail address, but if I don't please let me know
how to use this system...obviously I am new to this....

I have a few questions about using log4net that I would like to get answers
to.  I have looked in the previous archives, but I haven't found answers.

Here goes....

1)  I would like to define/start loggers programmatically (not within
config file).  When I do this using the getlogger(name) function, it seems
to work.  However when I try and change the level of each logger
(log....repository.threshold = level) all the loggers assume the same
level.  How can I set the various loggers to have different log levels?  Is
there a method that allows me to set a logger level without going through
the repository?

2) Is there a way to enable/disable appenders programaticlly?

Thanks in advance.....

Dave Witt