Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jason Wu <Ja...@ihsmarkit.com> on 2016/11/03 20:06:32 UTC

Lucene IndexSearcher PrefixQuery seach getting really slow after a while

Hi Team,

We are using lucene 4.8.1 to do some info searches every day for years. However, recently we encounter some performance issues which greatly slow down the lucene search.

After application running for a while, we are facing below issues, which  IndexSearcher PrefixQuery taking much longer time to search:

[cid:image002.png@01D235EC.3C063740]

Our cpu and memory are fine, no leak found:
[cid:image004.jpg@01D235EC.3C063740]

However, for the exactly same java instance we are running on another box,  for the same info we are searching, it is very fast.

I/O, memory, CPUS are all fine on both boxes.

So, do you know any reasons can cause this performance issue?

Thank you,
J.W

This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is strictly confidential and only for the intended recipient. Any retention, use or disclosure not expressly authorised by Markit is prohibited. This email is subject to all waivers and other terms at the following link: http://www.markit.com/en/about/legal/email-disclaimer.page

Please visit http://www.markit.com/en/about/contact/contact-us.page for contact information on our offices worldwide.

RE: Lucene IndexSearcher PrefixQuery seach getting really slow after a while

Posted by Nir Barel <ni...@checkpoint.com>.
Try to optimize your indexes.

Sent securely from my iPhone

[...]

Email secured by Check Point
--ef.-1.1203814c8b95672f9c638a79d60fbb34.ef--