Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu> on 2006/02/08 18:01:21 UTC

fallback of module resources (1.4)

Hi Devs, I am in the process of trying to get a style attribute added to
my core attributes in my xhtml schema for one of my publications.

Ok, no problem.  I simply edit (or create if not there already)
{mypubid}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml/modules/attribs.rng
  (since I might not want this change to all pubs)

and I would expect my pub to now allow a style attribute in xhtml
elements that use core attributes.

The problem comes when an external (from client, bxe) module request
comes in for:
http://localhost:8888/fallback/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml/modules/attribs.rng

Since there is no publication specified, bxe will always use the xhtml
modules core schema.
It seems like the above url should be:
http://localhost:8888/{mypubid}/fallback/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml/modules/attribs.rng

It also seems that we should be using this approach for our new modules
uri space to reference modules resources and sitemaps.
http://localhost:8888/modules/{moduleid}/...
should be
http://localhost:8888/{mypubid}/modules/{moduleid}/...

WDYT?

--Doug

Re: fallback of module resources (1.4)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Doug Chestnut wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs, I am in the process of trying to get a style attribute added
>>> to my core attributes in my xhtml schema for one of my publications.
>>>
>>> Ok, no problem.  I simply edit (or create if not there already)
>>> {mypubid}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml/modules/attribs.rng
>>>  (since I might not want this change to all pubs)
>>>
>>> and I would expect my pub to now allow a style attribute in xhtml
>>> elements that use core attributes.
>>

>> I guess the problem is that the XHTML RNG schemas don't use the fallback
>> protocol for their includes. Would you mind trying this?
> This will not work for BXE though since it doesn't know how to handle
> fallback://... uris.  The "/fallback/..." url space was was added for
> this reason, which works great when internal requests are made since the
> pubid is still known from the "parent" request.
>
>  From what I can tell though, this "/fallback/..." url never really
> worked correctly for bxe since the pubid was never know, the core rng is
> always used.
>
> I think the resolution for this (and many other issues - pub specific
> module resources) can be handled by allowing:
> http://localhost:8888/{mypubid}/modules/{moduleid}/... to access module
> resources (and sitemap).  The pubid will then be known, and the resource
> can be accessed via the fallback proto.
>
> WDYT?

Yes, that is a good idea. And since you already checked it in,
I assume it works :)

Thanks for fixing this,

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: fallback of module resources (1.4)

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Doug Chestnut wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs, I am in the process of trying to get a style attribute added
>> to my core attributes in my xhtml schema for one of my publications.
>>
>> Ok, no problem.  I simply edit (or create if not there already)
>> {mypubid}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml/modules/attribs.rng
>>  (since I might not want this change to all pubs)
>>
>> and I would expect my pub to now allow a style attribute in xhtml
>> elements that use core attributes.
>

> I guess the problem is that the XHTML RNG schemas don't use the fallback
> protocol for their includes. Would you mind trying this?
This will not work for BXE though since it doesn't know how to handle
fallback://... uris.  The "/fallback/..." url space was was added for
this reason, which works great when internal requests are made since the
pubid is still known from the "parent" request.

 From what I can tell though, this "/fallback/..." url never really

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.