Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/15 00:05:00 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS][FLIGHT SQL] Intentions around JDBC and/or ODBC for Flight SQL?

I agree that having an ODBC driver wrapper on top of FlightSQL C++
would lower the barrier to adoption. Given that we have ODBC client
libraries like Turbodbc with integration with Arrow already, we have
some of the tools we would need to make testing easier, too.

I opened

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-15111

Posted by Wenbo Hu <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
    I was implementing a ODBC-backened Flight server in C++ in last
few months. I'm using arrow-odbc [1], a rust library to access data
from ODBC datasources, with FFI wrappers. For now, my project is
moving to python, with Turbodbc.
    I'd like to help if needed.

[1] https://github.com/pacman82/arrow-odbc

Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> 于2021年12月15日周三 08:05写道: