Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2018/03/19 20:54:01 UTC

Re: Strange Kafka consumer behaviour

I think it's because it's just taking the state for the existing topics and starts reading from that.

A workaround could be to change the uid of the operator to avoid reading the old state.

Aljoscha

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi Gyula,

Are you using Flink 1.4.x, and have partition discovery enabled?
If yes, then both the state of previously existing topics, as well as
partitions of the newly specified topics will be consumed.

Cheers,
Gordon

Posted by Ankit Chaudhary <my...@gmail.com>.