Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Tang, , Transformer <Catalog>, , ­ <wi...@coupang.com> on 2016/12/20 06:32:20 UTC

Does Ignite support query and index the embedded object column?

Hi Ignite experts,

Does Ignite support to query and index the embedded object column?

For example, I have a POJO "Organization" with a embedded object "Address"
as a column.

Below is the simple code to demo my thought.

public class Organization  {
@QuerySqlField(index = true)
private Long id;

@QuerySqlField(index = true)
private String name;

@QuerySqlField(index = true)
private Address addr;
}

public class Address {
@QuerySqlField(index = true)
private String street;

@QuerySqlField(index = true)
private int zip;
}

Can I run a query similar as "select addr.street from Organization where
id= ? "?

Thanks,
William

Re: Does Ignite support query and index the embedded object column?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Embedded objects are supported, but the flat schema is created, i.e. 'street'
and 'zip' fields will appear directly in the 'Organization' table. The query
will look like this:

select street from Organization where id= ?

-Val