Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Thang H. Lai" <th...@rogers.com> on 2005/06/10 16:04:13 UTC

Folder security

Please help me clarify this. I set up a folder with the constraint to allow
role APP_USER to use. Then in the folder I have 2 psml pages: USER.PSML with
the constraints for APP_USER, and ADMIN.PSML with the constraints for
APP_ADMIN. If now I setup 2 users such that USER1 has role of APP_USER, and
ADMIN1 has roles of APP_USER and APP_ADMIN.
If I logged in with USER1, I should see only USER.PSML, and if I logged in
with ADMIN1, I should see both USER.PSML and ADMN.PSML. Is this correct?
I tried and the results are not very consistent. Sometimes, USER1 can see both
PSMLs and sometimes, ADMIN1 can see only USER.PSML. Could someone enlighten
me with the reason why, and how I should approach this?

Thank You

--
Windows 95 (win'doz nin'ti fiv): n.
    32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit

Re: Folder security

Posted by "Thang H. Lai" <th...@rogers.com>.
I closed everything down and restart. Now the problem I describe is no longer
there. I don't know why. It works now as I expected.

Thank you for your help,

Thang Lai

Re: Folder security

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Thang,

If you exit the browser between logins I assume it works as you expect, no?

If so, sounds like a bug... please log it in JIRA.

Randy

Re: Folder security

Posted by Thang H Lai <th...@thelais.com>.
It is J2 from CVS. For some reason if I logged as ADMIN1 first, then logged
out, re-logged in with USER1, I can see both PSMLs. And vice-versa. I have
not done enough testing to really sure, and will continue to test further.
For now my solution is to create 2 folders to separate the PSML.

Thang Lai

On Friday 10 June 2005 3:36 pm, Randy Watler wrote:
> Thang,
>
> You have the general concepts correct AFAICT. J1 or J2?
>
> Randy
>
> Thang H. Lai wrote:
> >Please help me clarify this. I set up a folder with the constraint to
> > allow role APP_USER to use. Then in the folder I have 2 psml pages:
> > USER.PSML with the constraints for APP_USER, and ADMIN.PSML with the
> > constraints for APP_ADMIN. If now I setup 2 users such that USER1 has
> > role of APP_USER, and ADMIN1 has roles of APP_USER and APP_ADMIN.
> >If I logged in with USER1, I should see only USER.PSML, and if I logged in
> >with ADMIN1, I should see both USER.PSML and ADMN.PSML. Is this correct?
> >I tried and the results are not very consistent. Sometimes, USER1 can see
> > both PSMLs and sometimes, ADMIN1 can see only USER.PSML. Could someone
> > enlighten me with the reason why, and how I should approach this?
> >

> >Thank You

The Lais ITG Inc.
(519) 455-3939

Re: Folder security