Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Faucher, Christian" <Ch...@axa-canada.com> on 2004/12/22 14:17:09 UTC

RE : missing appenders for log4j

Hi Russell,

Even though you have Log4J in your classpath, you still have to
configure it properly.

Attached is a very basic log4j.xml you can use.  In your client main()
(or anywhere before the first call to Axis), you need to have the
following lines:

DOMConfigurator.configure(new URL(<url to log4j.xml>));

The URL can be a location on disk or anywhere, as long as it is
"URLable".

You can find plenty of docs on log4j at
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/documentation.html or look at the
DTD for log4j.xml to know how to tailor the logging for your needs.

Cheers!

Christian Faucher