Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by ragia ibrahim <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/26 07:08:40 UTC

Lucene

Hello
I am lookin genral inforamtion about lucene
How to  you load free text into Lucene?
  How to you load fielded text?
 What format options are there?
  How does it handle various character sets, stoplists, stemming, etc.?
 What data structures does it use?
              To store and index fielded data
              To maintain term weights

please if you can direct me to a URL answe these questions
thanks in advance.
Ragia

Re: Lucene

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html is the place to start.
 From there, just keep digging down deeper into the site, until you
get into the code.  Lucene in Action is also an excellent book to
start with on many of your questions.

-Grant

On Aug 26, 2007, at 1:08 AM, ragia ibrahim wrote:

> Hello
> I am lookin genral inforamtion about lucene
> How to  you load free text into Lucene?
>   How to you load fielded text?
>  What format options are there?
>   How does it handle various character sets, stoplists, stemming,
> etc.?
>  What data structures does it use?
>               To store and index fielded data
>               To maintain term weights
>
> please if you can direct me to a URL answe these questions
> thanks in advance.
> Ragia
> Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger
> http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-
> us&source=wlmailtagline

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

Re: Lucene

Posted by Farzad Mahdikhani <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Dear ragia,

I haven't started to use Lucene yet.

Regards,
Farzad

ragia ibrahim <ra...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello
I am lookin genral inforamtion about lucene
How to  you load free text into Lucene?
  How to you load fielded text?
 What format options are there?
  How does it handle various character sets, stoplists, stemming, etc.?
 What data structures does it use?
              To store and index fielded data
              To maintain term weights

please if you can direct me to a URL answe these questions
thanks in advance.
Ragia

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!