Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2006/07/28 19:09:55 UTC

Re: Problem while submiting the page[OT]

Prafulla,

FYI, this post is totally off-topic. Please indicate it as such.

> There is a button on the screen, on click of that button i invoke the javascript function and in that function i submit the form two times, to two different actions.

This is not going to work: the web wasn't intended to work that way. You
should only submit one form at a time.

> So what happens mostly in this case is only the second action is
> executed. I can see the log corresponding to second action only.

That's (likely) because the second form submission interrupts the first
one before it even starts.

If you need to submit the same information to two places, take care of
it on the server side: submit the information to a single form handler,
and then forward that same request to the second form handler. This
still isn't a really great idea, as it suggests an awkward application
logic, but ... whatever.

-chris