Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/12 20:02:17 UTC

Versions of new modules

Hi all,

It seems to be custom to add new modules with versions like
2.0.5-incubator-SNAPSHOT. I think this is not very sexy and might even
be misleading.

I suggest we add new modules at version 0.9.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT such
that we can release the first version as 1.0.0-incubator.

Historical background for our 2.x versions: Apache Sling started as an
internal project inside Day which we internally release as 1.0. When
Sling came into the incubator, we raised the version numbers to
2.0.0-incubator-SNAPSHOT to clearly distinguish against our internal Sling.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix