Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Ed Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 01:26:07 UTC

Testing oozie workflows

Hi,
I'm trying to use the workflow integration testing facilities in Oozie.
I've done some minor hacking on them to get them to run outside of the
actual Oozie project - mostly changing some of the system properties so
that they no longer refer to the core maven project or any of the resources
in that project. I've developed a simple job that creates a two-column hsql
database in memory and executes a sqoop over the DB.

With the default memory configuration, the local "YarnNodeStatusUpdater" is
OOME'ing, citing maxPermGen space. The test hangs after that with a bunch
of garbage updates from various daemons.

I've set -Xmx to 1024m and -XX:maxPermGen to 512m, but that seems to make
the test just run for a really long time. I went up to 2 mins, seeing only
YARN container updates, and then thought I best e-mail the list to see if
there's any commonly encountered issues.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with these tests? Should I expect +2
mins/test for something as sqooping from a local, in-memory DB? Or is this
unreasonable?

I'm running this on a 1 year-old-ish MBP with fairly-fast quad core
processor and 16 gb of ram.