Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2023/03/02 06:34:42 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar Node.js Client Release 1.8.1 Candidate 2

+1 (binding)
- Verified checksum and signature
- Build from source on Ubuntu 20.04 WSL2
- Test produce and consume with examples in this repo
- Test TLS encryption and OAuth2 authentication on Ubuntu 20.04 and
Windows 10 with https://github.com/BewareMyPower/pulsar-tls-examples

Thanks,
Yunze

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- Verified checksum and signature
- Install from npm
- Start a standalone and run the example following here [0]

We should mention the following in the verification steps.

1. The pulsar_binary_host_mirror is required for the RC version
2. The example in README needs to copy to a .js file
3. A standalone is required when you try to run the example

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-node#getting-started

Regards,
Penghui