Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by aswath narayana <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/05 12:48:50 UTC

contactus form - partytoid is null.

Hello All,
In the ecommerce store, I click on the 'contact us' link and then goes the
contactus form.
After submitting the form, the request is 'contactus'.
After tracing through the contactus, the flow ends up in
'createCommunicationEvent'.
I looked at the communicationEvent table and 'partyto' is null.

which email address recieves the email when the contactus form is
submitted.  Where is it configured?

Regards
-Aswath

Re: contactus form - partytoid is null.

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
hey guys,

I realized the same behavior, the email is saved to the communication
screens under party application. I get them there and can answer to it and
the customer get's it into his account.

But I want to get an email and send an email to the customer. Because
customer's normally expect to get an email answer to their request and do
not look every day into their webshop account.

How do you handle this requirement?

greetings

robert

Re: contactus form - partytoid is null.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
A communication event doesn't necessary result in an email being
created and I don't think it was the intention of whoever wrote the
ecommerce contact us to form to send one.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com