Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> on 2013/07/18 14:21:57 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Git Commit Messages

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to vote on two questions;
>
> 1) That we adopt the git commit message guidelines above.
> 2) That we delete NEWS/CHANGES from master before the next release after 1.3.1.
>
> The voting rules are lazy consensus with a 72 hour waiting period. You
> do not have to vote if you agree, though you are welcome to do so. If
> you do vote against I encourage you to include a constructive reason
> or suggest an alternative.

Based on the votes for proposal 2 (+1 all around, one abstainment),
I'm going to delete NEWS and CHANGES from master and make sure the
limited stuff is there now is instead reflected in the docs release
history chapter.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Git Commit Messages

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Oh well. No harm, no foul. The important thing is that we're making
progress and that the right work is happening. There's no indication on
this thread that anyone thinks moving NEWS and CHANGES to docs/ is a bad,
idea, and a good indication that we need to have more of a discussion about
how to maintain the actual release notes. So everything fine. :)

(FWIW, I agree with you. We should not wipe out old changelogs. They are
valuable. And the Git commit messages for that period are going to be very
poor, and not at all a good replacement.)

--
NS

Re: [VOTE] Git Commit Messages

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.