Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Pilgrim, Peter" <pe...@csfb.com> on 2004/09/08 15:30:24 UTC

[OT] RE: [ANN] Bridgetown IoC Framework

This is off topic to the Struts list.

Also not forgetting Avalon, PicoContainer, etc from my POV. Admittedly
these "mature" containers have been around for sometime.

Here are my motivations:

1) To scratch the itch. Build a tiny container/kernel that
I could experiment with in Expresso / Struts. The idea is make
an assembler that can be merged into another toolkit.
(My goal is to make Bridgetown a first class citizen in Expresso, but
I am still scratching my head about this issue.)
2) I wanted to implement ``method injection''.
3) Build a pizza base, that I could extend later with a
dynamic proxy generation / interceptors.
Maybe directly support or use the Commons Chain (this is still
very fuzzy in my mind.)
4) Eventually make services beans and service oriented
architecture first class citizen of a ioc framework.
5) Fun: I wanted to experiment with Jakarta technologies.
6) Learning: I wanted to build something small and wonderful and
it will be always free and open source.

I enabled the sf.net mailing lists, so if you want to discuss
further I suggest we take this thread over there.

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,